Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Have a very SF day (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2165)

Kyobanim 06-16-2004 09:41

Have a very SF day
 
1 Attachment(s)
Have a nice day

The Reaper 06-16-2004 09:45

Excellent!!

You are a real artist.

TR

Kyobanim 06-16-2004 09:54

Thanks. Bored to death at work, might as well try to be creative.

Guy 06-16-2004 10:23

Damn!
 
OUTSTANDING!

What program are you using?

Kyobanim 06-16-2004 12:04

Photoshop 7

The Reaper 06-16-2004 12:14

Quote:

Originally posted by Kyobanim
Photoshop 7
K:

How about an evil smile, with teeth (like Taz, or a shark) above the inner arc of the bottom of the harp on your latest creation?

Just a thought. Really nice piece as it is.

And clean out your PMs.

TR

Kyobanim 06-16-2004 13:50

That's what I've been working on. Trying to get the evil grin worked in without stepping on the crest.

PMs cleared

Eagle5US 06-16-2004 14:41

That ROCKS!
Well done

Eagle

Sacamuelas 06-16-2004 14:42

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Kyobanim
Trying to get the evil grin worked in without...
Couldn't resist, I read this thread and then got this email from the wife concerning my son's mohawk during bath time. Try this for your sample EVIL GRIN's! LOL haha

back to thread... BTW- GREAT WORK, KYO!

Basenshukai 06-16-2004 15:14

Kyobanim...
 
My team sergeant and I just looked at that (we are in the team room right now) and we thought that we could incorporate that into a team t-shirt design (with your permission). We are a MAROPS team. We are planning on having the shirts made down south ("down range"). We would put something based on that design on the front upper right breast area of the T-shirt. The back might, or might not include a design. Once we get them, I'll ship one to you as a thanks for the help. By the way, the team sergeant wanted me to thank you for the other images you made available to us earlier today. Gotta go ... we're jumping in a few hours.

NousDefionsDoc 06-16-2004 15:51

Nice work.

Bill Harsey 06-16-2004 16:10

I vote for leaving it just as we see it at the top. Very well done with just the eyes.

Matt 06-16-2004 17:03

Quote:

Originally posted by Bill Harsey
I vote for leaving it just as we see it at the top. Very well done with just the eyes.
I understand there is little merit to my opinion, but I agree with Mr. Harsey nonetheless.

mffjm8509 06-16-2004 17:12

Any chance you could size it for a desktop?


mp

NousDefionsDoc 06-16-2004 17:26

Quote:

Originally posted by Matt
I understand there is little merit to my opinion
Why? Are you a FORMER?:D

Kyobanim 06-16-2004 17:51

It started as a desktop so yes, I'll make a desktop. I'll do one with and without the teeth. When I started this it was just to experiment with the crest and different effects. I had it on a large black background and was starring at it. Gradually the "face" just appeared. (too much coffee I suspect) I thought, cool, that would make a nice calling card as in the way the ace of spades was used in RVN.

Maybe a business card.

Matt, everyone's opinion counts. You're making the effort. Everyone contributes in their own way.

Basenshukai, anything your team wants or needs just ask. If you want it specific to your ODA let me know.

Sacamuelas, that bottom pick IS evil. :eek:

thanks all

Bill Harsey 06-16-2004 18:32

Quote:

Originally posted by Matt
...I agree with Mr. Harsey nonetheless.
This guys gonna go far.

The Reaper 06-16-2004 18:43

Quote:

Originally posted by Bill Harsey
This guys gonna go far.
Probably just looking for a custom Smatchet.

TR

Kyobanim 06-16-2004 18:46

1 Attachment(s)
For TR, as requested - wallpaper located at curtharmon.com/wallpapers/

The Reaper 06-16-2004 19:15

Very nice!!

Noticed that the wallpaper doesn't seem to be like the others. Is it set up for download yet?

TR

Team Sergeant 06-16-2004 19:22

LOL, GREAT Work!!!!!

I also like the first take.... subtle...

TS

Matt 06-16-2004 19:27

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
Probably just looking for a custom Smatchet.

TR

Negative. I would much prefer one of his & Mr. Reeves Yarborough's, given rather than bought.

As I have told Mr. Harsey I think just the eyes give the image a more Dark/Mysterious look where as the teeth make it too "cartoonish". Just my $.02.

Kyobanim 06-16-2004 19:39

The grinning crest is at www.curtharmon.com/wallpapers. I'm going to stick the original up there tonight also. Right click on the image and you'll get the 1024X768 version

Sacamuelas 06-16-2004 20:20

1 Attachment(s)
I like the one with eyes only....

But, if TR wants fangs then here is one in which I tried to take some of the cartoon quality look away from Kyo's first draft.:munchin

NousDefionsDoc 06-16-2004 20:23

Quote:

Originally posted by Bill Harsey
This guys gonna go far.
LOL

Quote:

Negative
Guess not, he just said negative and SMATCHET! in the same sentence. No hope. I'm going to go change his title to "SMATCHET! Hater" BTW - That's how I'm writing SMATCHET! now.

Bill Harsey 06-16-2004 20:25

All have merit. I still like the eyes only best because it doesn't show any obvious attitude, leaves the viewer guessing what kind of mysterious menace is about to be unleashed on them.

The Reaper 06-16-2004 20:38

Quote:

Originally posted by Kyobanim
The grinning crest is at www.curtharmon.com/wallpapers. I'm going to stick the original up there tonight also. Right click on the image and you'll get the 1024X768 version
Need to take the period off the address.

TR

www.curtharmon.com/wallpapers

NousDefionsDoc 06-16-2004 20:56

Kyobanim,
Need one with a SMATCHET! Maybe one with the A/F Fighter. When you get bored again of course.:munchin

Pandora 06-16-2004 22:20

Outstanding job!

Really nice work. Kudos for pc graphics PT. The added grin took a lot of work/testing/refinement.

This place never ceases to amaze me with the varied talents displayed.

Solid 06-17-2004 01:42

Kyo, that's some mighty fine photoshoping. Out of curiousity, how did you get the 'fire' effect within the eyes?

Thank you,

Solid

Kyobanim 06-17-2004 03:50

Quote:

Originally posted by Solid
Out of curiousity, how did you get the 'fire' effect within the eyes?

Thank you,

Solid

Gradients - red/orange

Solid 06-17-2004 03:57

Excellent. Is there any chance you can have the 'eyes only' version up for download?

Thanks!

Solid

SOGvet 06-17-2004 07:57

Damn...
 
I gotta find a way to spend more time in here - these are awesome. I'd like to have some 'bidniss-man' cards made from the first design.

Sacamuelas 06-17-2004 09:51

KYO... those final ones with the pupils are incredible.


THe new avatar looks perfect Team Sergeant. :cool:

Kyobanim 06-17-2004 09:59

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, there are 2 versions of the wallpaper and a few others at www.curtharmon.com/wallpapers 1024X768 resolution

Radar Rider 06-18-2004 01:40

We fear change
 
I still like the first one. Although the eyes have been filled out in the latter versions, I still like the first effort.

Bill Harsey 06-18-2004 07:13

No. 1 image is the strongest.

Solid 06-18-2004 07:48

Yep, I agree. It reminds me of some of the drawings Waterson (Calvin and Hobbes) did for his 'monsters in the closet' poems: the monsters were always there, but just barely- you could only see the eyes, and even those were blurred.

JMO,

Solid

mffjm8509 06-18-2004 08:12

Quote:

Originally posted by Kyobanim
Thanks, there are 2 versions of the wallpaper and a few others at www.curtharmon.com/wallpapers 1024X768 resolution
You also have signature versions on this page. Can I incorperate that into my signature using outlook?

mp

Kyobanim 06-18-2004 08:27

Quote:

Originally posted by mffjm8509
You also have signature versions on this page. Can I incorperate that into my signature using outlook?

mp

In Outlook, yes, in Outlook Express, no. Outlook allows a graphic to be attached as a signature. You can do the same thing in Outlook Express but it has to be done manually for each email sent and it's done by copy and paste.

By signature file, I meant that it could be used on most bulliten boards that allow graphics in the signature line.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®