Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Comedy Zone (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Lol (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1890)

NousDefionsDoc 05-22-2004 11:09

Lol
 
I've got a really nice stereo system for my PC. harman/kardan or whatever, it can really crank 'em out. I've been playing "Ballad of the Green Beret's" with the volume turned almost all the way up all morning. The Kid is marching around the house and Osama Bin Mama is yelling "Stop indoctrinating him, he's not going to El Curso Q!" LOL Yeah right.

GOD I love being a Green Hat, even if I'm not in the official game anymore! I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

Kyobanim 05-22-2004 11:17

That's a pretty funny picture your painting there. :)

Ambush Master 05-22-2004 12:43

Have you heard the new Dolly Parton rendition of it ?!?! It's great !!

NousDefionsDoc 05-23-2004 07:19

Haven't heard Dolly do it.

Commencing Psypopper Ops Day 2 - NOW!

Psywar1-0 05-23-2004 07:29

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Haven't heard Dolly do it.

Commencing Psypopper Ops Day 2 - NOW!

Amature :rolleyes:

NousDefionsDoc 05-23-2004 07:34

Quote:

Originally posted by Psywar1-0
Amature :rolleyes:
Roger, but how hard can it be to annoy the hell out of people until they do what you want to make you leave them alone? LOL

Psywar1-0 05-23-2004 08:16

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Roger, but how hard can it be to annoy the hell out of people until they do what you want to make you leave them alone? LOL
About as hard as convincing SF guys your assigned to support that you are not there to provide a musical score for their ops and might just know the language, customs ect of where you are working and even what end of a gun that the bullets come out of :D

NousDefionsDoc 05-23-2004 08:20

Quote:

assigned to support
Just play Ride of the Valkries and guard the pallet.:D

NousDefionsDoc 05-23-2004 08:21

Audio-visual Boy :lifter

Psywar1-0 05-23-2004 08:25

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Just play Ride of the Valkries and guard the pallet.:D
Or the recently published story where the TPT was left to guard the vehicles with the 18B who couldnt fix his broken 240. Talk about red headed step children. LOL

The Reaper 05-23-2004 09:00

Quote:

Originally posted by Psywar1-0
About as hard as convincing SF guys your assigned to support that you are not there to provide a musical score for their ops and might just know the language, customs ect of where you are working and even what end of a gun that the bullets come out of :D
PSYOP soldiers are issued weapons? The girls too?

TR

Psywar1-0 05-23-2004 10:33

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
PSYOP soldiers are issued weapons? The girls too?

TR

Hell they even issue the Reserve Snivil Affairs girls from Kentucky weapons. How soon yall forget.............

Must be the dark color of the headgear, maroon or tan is much cooler to wear in the southern heat :D

Radar Rider 05-24-2004 05:03

"The Ride of the Valkyries" is good for everyone. No indoctrination need take place; it is simply the heavy metal of the 1870's. :)

NousDefionsDoc 06-06-2004 11:01

Psypopper op is enjoying success. He has almost memorized the first two stanzas. Every time I put it on, he runs and gets my beret and starts marching through the house. Driving Osama Bin Mama mad.

AM,
He likes the Dolly version better than the soundtrack from the movie. LOL

mffjm8509 06-06-2004 15:34

Do you have Dolly Partons version on CD or did you d/l it somewhere?

I've been looking to d/l it, but havent found a site yet

mp

NousDefionsDoc 06-06-2004 17:05

I have it electronically thanks to one of my Brothers.

Team Sergeant 06-06-2004 17:18

Quote:

Originally posted by mffjm8509
Do you have Dolly Partons version on CD or did you d/l it somewhere?

I've been looking to d/l it, but havent found a site yet

mp

I've got it as a wav file. You want it?

NousDefionsDoc 06-06-2004 17:22

I PMd him.

Sdiver 06-06-2004 22:05

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Psypopper op is enjoying success. He has almost memorized the first two stanzas. Every time I put it on, he runs and gets my beret and starts marching through the house. Driving Osama Bin Mama mad.

AM,
He likes the Dolly version better than the soundtrack from the movie. LOL

Now here's the thing NDD......

Have you shown your off-spring a PICTURE of Miss Partton yet ?

AngelsSix 06-13-2004 20:58

LMAO!! I can just picture that boy marching around the house......Lord bless 'em!!:)

NousDefionsDoc 07-04-2004 19:09

Phase II
 
So I'm sitting there talking to The Kid the other day and he asks me all about the song and what SF guys do, etc. And it dawns on me - he's never seen the movie!

amazon.com and BAM! One week later - DVD. So I call him and tell him "We got it!" Friday evening when I get in, two personal-sized Pecan Pies and Big Dog and Little Dog are ready to watch. No chicks in the Team Room. LOL Osama Bin Mama was pissed!

He really got into it and even sang the song at the beginning and the end. He was really hot when they shot down The Duke's helo and knocked him out of the tower and I thought he was going to throw something at the screen when Doc got shot in the back. He was ok when Aldo Ray told Hamchuck Doc was going to be ok. He kept asking me if the reporter was VC and even called the VC "FARC" once. I was laughing my ass off.

Cousins come over - 11 and 13. And wouldn't you know it, the DVD has a Spanish option it as well. LOL

I'm building a junior A Team. :lifter

Max_Tab 07-05-2004 21:42

NDD your killing me man, that is straight up classic.

But as to which version is better, you gotta hear Elvis Hitler sing it punkabilly style. And no I am not kidding.

Jack Moroney (RIP) 07-06-2004 07:15

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Every time I put it on, he runs and gets my beret and starts marching through the house. LOL
Personally, I see nothing wrong about starting them young:D

pulque 07-14-2004 23:21

Re: Phase II
 
ROFLMAO, NDD thats a great story. haha, you funny.

NousDefionsDoc 07-20-2004 10:40

We're doing body-weight PT together in the mornings. "Pushing to Power" . I also showed him "Gung Ho!" with Randolph Scott. He liked it, but didn't understand about the color vs. B&W. LOL

We're going to start knot tying class Saturday.

Kyobanim 07-20-2004 11:01

How about some pics? Following OPSEC of course.

Solid 07-20-2004 11:27

Cough cough cough... Ahem.
Nevermind.

Jack Moroney (RIP) 07-20-2004 12:53

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc

We're going to start knot tying class Saturday.

Go slowly NDD, this was taken in December 1967.

Jack Moroney (RIP) 07-20-2004 12:54

Then in the early 70s the boy was breaking down M-16s. Of course I would have rather had him doing cut downs and medic stuff, but a weapons guy is okay too.

Kyobanim 07-20-2004 12:56

You're a little short in that picture, sir. Compaired to the size of your daddy in the pic. :D

Jack Moroney (RIP) 07-20-2004 12:59

Quote:

Originally posted by Kyobanim
You're a little short in that picture, sir. Compaired to the size of your daddy in the pic. :D
Just wound up tight. Didn't start to grow until I got to jump all that light weight shit crammed into the rucksack.:D

Jack Moroney

NousDefionsDoc 07-20-2004 13:29

Great pics sir! What is he doing now?

Jack Moroney (RIP) 07-20-2004 13:39

He is a medical services corp major working for the OTSG in medical logistics planning and some other esoteric stuff. He likes to remind me that, until this most recent assignment, at least he was still on jump status and of course I take pleasure in reminding him that I have more time in a harness than he does time in grade. He's a good kid. Unfortunately for him he keeps on running into folks with whom I have served over the years so I sort of know what he is up to before he gets to tell me.:D

Jack Moroney

NousDefionsDoc 07-20-2004 13:43

Outstanding! Must be frustrating for him that your net informs you before he can. LOL

Jack Moroney (RIP) 07-20-2004 13:54

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Outstanding! Must be frustrating for him that your net informs you before he can. LOL
I have warned the lad that SF NCOs are everywhere and it keeps him on his toes. When he graduated from Jump School I was TDY and when it came time for him to get his wings pinned on out of the crowd stepped one of my CSMs to pin them on, I know he was pleased but also spooked at the same time. I sort of joke about it, but I guess once you're a dad you're always a dad and while I would never tell him this, I am glad that I have a way to reach out and influence the situation from time to time when it is warranted. :D

Jack Moroney

NousDefionsDoc 08-25-2004 09:44

Started A&P and knot tying classes this week. Bowline and square.:lifter

Naked Warrior training and psypopper ops continue.

Gypsy 08-25-2004 12:19

LOL and Osama Bin Mamma's response?

:D

NousDefionsDoc 08-25-2004 12:24

Clandestine training. Enemy probable course of action too dangerous to estimate at this time. Cell will Charlie Mike until discovered. PACE prepared, SAFE selected. OUT!

Gypsy 08-25-2004 12:31

Roger, out.

Bet The Kid is loving it!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®