![]() |
Dry firing?
Look or ask...how many people actually go thru the motions of dry firing?
Either with the pistol or rifle. As far as drivers training. There are many schools that conduct on-site training for either driving or shooting, as well as individuals that are willing to travel to your location to teach either. |
Quote:
TR, I think your right. Except I couldn't work for the local P.D. way to much politics and they are a statically driven department (read quota's even though they are against federal law), that does not mesh well with my personality. I'm looking farther south closer to the Team Sergeant. :) I hope no one from work lurks here. |
Re: Dry firing?
Quote:
As for driving. Admin won't fund the training. We even have a sworn officer who is an admin Sgt who is a driving instructor, but they say they don't have the time, money, or staff in order to have the training. So we have a driving instructor who works for us but admin won't let it happen. I get excuse after exuse if it isn't one thing its another. |
Re: Re: Dry firing?
Quote:
TR |
Unfortunately TR the instructor won't teach us unless it is department sanctioned. And the department won't sanction it b/c we don't need to know according to them. Its total b.s. all the way around. I have hit up everyone I know in patrol and Criminal Investigations on driving tips. Then when I get a chance I practice (not that the department knows).
The department is very non progressive. It takes a considerable amount of effort to get anything changed or updated. The most famous words in our department said by our admin is, "well we have always done it that way." or "We have never need to do that in the past why do we need to do it now." |
Have you spoken with the Department's Legal Counsel about the liability implications of conducting high speed pursuits without appropriate training?
He may want to have a word with the Chief. TR |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. |
Joe,
Another thing you might want to try with him that has worked for me is to show him a lsit of the damages and payouts that have occurred in similar situations in other areas. When admins see millions in damages, a couple of thousand in training doesn't look so bad. And they all understand dollars. |
Another good point NDD. I should also mention that it is an election year so all kinds of crazy stuff happens. But bringing this up during an election year will probably make it happen. Thanks for all of your input nothing I love more then making admin say yes to something they have said no to for years.
|
Hope it helped a little.
|
Reaper, Thank you for your reply. I have never intentionally denigrated a member of the US military and never will. If I have inadverntaly offended, please, accept my apology.
I used the term " ghetto cop" several times and not LEO on purpose. LEO's include deputy sherriffs, US Marshals, FBI, state patrol, corrections, parole officers etc. Ghetto cops number about 25,000 and work in places like Detroit, LA, Chicago, Wash DC. To many ghetto cops, lumping them in with all LEO's is like saying that an SF soldier is simply a member of the military. The conditions and situations a ghetto cop is confronted with on a daily basis dwarfs that of the majority of LEO's will ever see in a career. The US averages between 11000 and 14000 homicides a year, plus on average between 50000 and 60000 deaths from auto accidents. This does not take into account injuries from rapes, assaults, child abuse, spouse abuse etc. This happens year in and year out. Go to the FBI web page and you can see the stats. I understand the word terrorize and did not use it lightly. If you have ever been in a neighborhood that has been taken over by thugs, that description fits. I don't think one can appreciate the scope of the problem without experiencing it firsthand. There are entire neighborhoods in urban America that the ghetto cops cannot go at night. This is because they neither have the firepower, the resources and most importantly the political support of their city leadership. The professionalism, training and performance level of most LEO's and their departments is hopelessly inadequate. That is one reason that you hear many of them scream so loudly for a slice of the Homeland Security pie. It is frustrating to know that most of what can be done is to take a report and try to arrest the bad guy. I went to at least one murder a week every week for five years. Most were women, children and teenagers. There are streets in Wash DC where you can see the US capitol and children under the age of 10 probably will not be able to identify an orange if you put it in their hand. Many folks have suggested that shooting those idiots or the engine block of the cars they drive with .50 cal BMG's. If you liked the results of the Rodney King mess, just imagine the results the first time the cops kill somebody or, better yet that .50 cal hits a kid accidently. Ghetto cops are paid to keep a lid on the ghetto, not solve any problems. While still in the Army we put Doctors, SF and other medics in the ER's of big city hospitals so they could get experience treating casualties of military and other large caliber weapons. There was no other place where they could gain that type of trauma experience. I think your riddle is a rhetorical question, you are a smart man. My bet is you wont make any guarantees either. Simply because someone criticizes or challenges a thread on the does not make them an enemy. Nor does praise and agreement make one an ally. SF is as susceptible to group think as any other branch. If you were in Hondo then we chewed some of the same dirt. Saba Boca, La Ceiba, the ranch, that fellow who was the other half of that CW banjo team Flatt & - - - - - - -. I do have a couple of questions/suggestions. This is not to impune SF in anyway. The name of this site is Professional Soldiers, are all professional soldiers welcome or, just SF. Are those other branches/services not professional soldiers? Having spent a goodly amount of time as a 2, I am well aware of the term "asset" and how it is used professionally. It seems a bit pejorative to those who have spent a career soldiering. I have been out several years and my wife forced me to watch a segment on Oprah once. I may have become overally sensitive by that or all of these lattes and other creature comforts civilian life has afforded me. SF is a great branch and so are all the others. It is condecending to make comments about whether or not someoneone has been to the Q course. If you are a senior NCO you know that you take what God,fate and DA gives you and do the best you can with that. If you feel that by not going to the Q course makes one less than, or not professional then, I am in excellent company. Grant Lee, Sherman, Mac Arthur, Eisenhower, Powell, Schwartzkopft not to mention thousands of fellows who ran across beaches in Normandy and Tarawa, jumped into Normandy (I could never be a leg) took back Hue and the US Embassy in Saigon etc. Thanks again for the kind reply. "In God We Trust, All Others We Monitor" NoSlack |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:20. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®