![]() |
Quote:
don't know that i have a favorite handgun...never cared much for the M9, never was all that good with the 1911...i have a Ruger Redhawk in .44RM and a P90 just so i can have an autoloader... |
Quote:
I had a Bren 10 and now have a Para Ordnance in 10mm. Great round till the Feebs ruined it. 10mm (-P) TR |
Dang so many hand guns so little time. 10mm is a great round, I have a glock in it, Then there is 41 AE, and OH!! yes 45's .. Just bought a compact colt 1911. 38 Super another good one.
IMHO, the right tool for the Job is the best hand gun. I think I need to own a few more, to think in gun shops there are lonely hand guns looking for a good home. My oldest hand gun is a New model #3 S&W in 44 russian, a fun hand gun to shoot. While I don't think I would take it into combat, It is fun to own. |
Favorite Pistol
I was thinking about this one today while returning from some KD work with some great NCOs and Officers out of 4 Squadron 2 CR (SBCT).
Perhaps most of us had to deal with the 1911 in the Army. I figure we got used to them because most of us continue to like them. I certainly do and was shooting mine yesterday in fact. The Army never expected the 9mm to be used I figure, and low and behold -- it is being used in Iraq much more than just for personal defense. And low and behold -- all the problems we faced with the Berettas are coming home to roost. And low and behold -- the guys using them say that the 9mm sucks. So the Army is now looking for another cartridge. I doubt it will be the .45. Probably a .40 or 10mm. No doubt it will turn into an abortion like that SOCOM pistol thing of ten plus years ago. Favorite pistol? 1911 frame. Why? It fits my hand and I have been shooting one for about thirty years. My 1911 has a good .45 top end on it, a exceptional comped .38 Super top end for it, and even a (believe it or not), 9mm top end for the same frame. Why the 9mm? Because when we train fellows with the Beretta I can tap into the ammunition and do some shooting. Of the three cartriges however, I have the most confidence with the .45 ACP. Why? Shots go to my calls every single time. I guess that the generation of the Beretta will probably say they love the Berretta design -- probably not the 9mm cartridge. They are used to shooting the Beretta just like we got used to shooting the 1911. Gene |
1 Attachment(s)
Walther P-99 .40cal. Never was to fond of the 9mm. Anyone else fired one?
|
4 Attachment(s)
I am at one with my snubbies. ::meditative hum::
FrontSight |
I carried, and still do, a Browning HiPower in 9mm. I have shot a LOT of folks with it, and I do need to qualify that it was with "non standard ammo", using '69-'71 vintage SuperVel ammunition. Granted, this was early generation "Hollow Cavity" stuff, but it put them down. Shot placement always comes into play, and if you can't shoot what you are carrying, while under STRESS, then unless it is an "Area" weapon, it dosen't matter what the caliber is !!!!! :munchin
|
Kimber 1911 full size.
|
Quote:
You know, you sure do squawk a lot about Dots to have such a small one on your Front sight. :p |
...and the Lord said, "Let there be Sig's"
Put my money on a Sig 228, Houge grips and 15rnd MecGar mags loaded with Speer Gold Dots. If you know how to put the little bullets where they need to be you don't need big bullets.
"When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk with a gun in my hand wearing a bullet proof vest, singing my oh my how the time must fly when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night..." |
Kimber TLE/RL II. I wish I had it with me right now. Damn M9.
|
Quote:
I agree I love my HK. My Browning Hi Power is number two. |
Quote:
|
My Colt Combat Commander 45 I purchased in 1977. I have a Kimber fullsize 45 as well, but like the Commander for the rare occasions I carry an auto these days. Since most of our trouble up here is with 4 legged pests, vice two leggers, I usually carry my Winchester 1886 SRC in 45-70, backed up by my Ruger old model Blackhawk in 45 Colt.
|
Glock-17/9mm
I was just on the range with some folks... If the military switches back to .45...Start investing money! Take care. |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:12. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®