Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Medical (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Stitches (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837)

Sacamuelas 03-05-2004 21:59

Wasn't flaming you 24601. I hadn't read you profile and did not know you were a medic. Wouldn't have called you a wanna-be doc. I would have changed that to calling you a CRAZY FRIGGIN MEDIC!! LOL :p I owe you a beer... or is it wine my lady?


BTW- you were probably not picking at a piece of necrotic tissue... it was probably the blood clot that had hardened on the top edge exposed in your mouth. If you had gotten it out to soon, you would have experienced the great wonder of PAIN called a dry socket. OUCH

The Reaper 03-05-2004 22:03

Quote:

Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Most of the time I use chromic gut sutures in the mouth. Will last 5-7 days and then dissolve. They make for nasty scars if used where the wound can be seen though because they cause a little more inflammation than other types of sutures. :( Perfect for wisdom teeth though.

TR-
Fess up Sir. He left them or you didn't want to go back to the "pain cave" again so you skipped your 1 week post-op visit? LOL

You must practice dentistry for the military.

I went back for the one week appointment, he removed all of the sutures from three of the sockets, left one or two in the last one.

I noticed the inflammation, then saw the black thread with a mirror. Thought about removing them myself, and decided that I could make things worse by messing with them myself.

He seemed pretty unconcerned about his error when I came back in a couple of weeks later for him to fix it.

Where are the ambulance chasers when you need one?

TR

24601 03-05-2004 22:05

Quote:

Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Wasn't flaming you 24601. I hadn't read you profile and did not know you were a medic. Wouldn't have called you a wanna-be doc. I would have changed that to calling you a CRAZY FRIGGIN MEDIC!! LOL :p I owe you a beer... or is it wine my lady?


BTW- you were probably not picking at a piece of necrotic tissue... it was probably the blood clot that had hardened on the top edge exposed in your mouth. If you had gotten it out to soon, you would have experienced the great wonder of PAIN called a dry socket. OUCH


TskTskTsk

Here I go and actually fill out my profile and you didn't even look LOL

Not sure what I picked at, but it tasted and made my mouth smell horriable.

THat 'd be a Jagerbomb please.

Sacamuelas 03-05-2004 22:13

Quote:

Originally posted by 24601

Not sure what I picked at, but it tasted and made my smell horriable.

NDD- should I be looking for a new thread in the Briefing thread after that comment. Don't tell me that didn't spur some sort of memories. LOL

NousDefionsDoc 03-05-2004 22:18

LOL

Doc T 03-05-2004 22:25

Quote:

Originally posted by Max_Tab


Oh and the stitches were black in color.

the next question is were they soft like thread or stiffer and plastic like....


soft/threadlike is silk... they will abscess
stiffer/plastic is nylon...less chance of a problem

good luck... where were the stitches (or I guess where are they remaining)?

Max_Tab 03-05-2004 23:12

I have em in my leg, it is thread like, black stiches.

Doc T 03-05-2004 23:19

if it is, in fact, silk it is a braided suture which makes bacterial infection more likely than if it had been nylon. Bacteria get into the little interstices as the suture is actually made up of many many different threads.

You will probably wind up with a small abscess or you may notice a suture reaction with a "pimple' like looking area that drains.

If you are lucky even though it sounds like silk it will really have been nylon as its rare anyone closes anything with silk anymore because it causes much more of a reaction.

doc t.

DoctorDoom 03-06-2004 01:12

x

Air.177 03-09-2004 16:42

Quote:

Originally posted by Ambush Master
Set the stage here. Saigon RVN, Red Cross Day Center not far from House 10 (the SOG Safe House). I'm down there headed out of country on a Stand-Down. We go in and I ask the Candy-Striper if she has a pair of "Nail-Clippers", she says yes, hands them to me and I clip the sutures on my hand and remove them. All is well untill she comes over to see what I am doing and she FAINTS !!! OUT COLD !!!

Talk about blowing one's cover !!! I di-di'd post haste and got clear of the area. !!! LOL

You like that one, you should have seen mom's face when we came home and found him removing old shrapnel from his leg at the kitchen table!:rolleyes:

Roguish Lawyer 03-09-2004 20:01

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
Where are the ambulance chasers when you need one?
Reporting as ordered, SIR! LOL

The Reaper 03-09-2004 20:07

Quote:

Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Reporting as ordered, SIR! LOL
Four days later? Must have been busy with a product liability case against a BIG company.

I already got counsel now.

TR

Roguish Lawyer 03-09-2004 20:17

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
I already got counsel now.
Damn!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:02.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®