Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Edged Weapons (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Harsey Knife (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1958)

The Reaper 05-29-2004 13:16

Quote:

Originally posted by Sdiver
BTW....TR.....Love the pics. You have some great talent there (that is, IF you took those pics). I love how you've got it set up against that GARAND. Your's ???
Yep, I took them with my cheapie camera.

The Garand used to belong to the U.S., but came to me for $185 through the DCM several years back.

Trust me folks, Bill is Paul, Sr., at least, in appearance. Much better attitude though, more mischievous, like Paul, Jr. Course, with a one man shop, he could play all of the parts, yelling at himself, goofing off on himself, hiding from himself, the possibilities are endless!

Best part is, he has no dish or cable, so he has no idea what we are talking about. Someone needs to tape several episodes (assuming he has a VCR) and mail them to him.

Bill, you would be a natural for a Discovery Channel or History Channel episode!

TR

Sdiver 05-29-2004 13:31

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
Yep, I took them with my cheapie camera.

The Garand used to belong to the U.S., but came to me for $185 through the DCM several years back.

Bill, you would be a natural for a Discovery Channel or History Channel episode!

TR

You've got a great talent there Boss-man. I know alot of photo hogs that couldn't come up with shots like that. Nice work.

BTW.....$185 for that Garand. I just busted a nut. I want another one (M1) so bad. Had to get rid of my old one.

CPTAUSRET 05-29-2004 13:45

I want a nice M-1 Garand also. I completed basic training with one.

Terry

The Reaper 05-29-2004 14:45

Quote:

Originally posted by CPTAUSRET
I want a nice M-1 Garand also. I completed basic training with one.

Terry

You want one the easy, expensive way, or the hard, cheap way?


Sdiver:

Thanks for the kind comments. I am trying to learn and be like MM.

TR

CPTAUSRET 05-29-2004 15:27

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
You want one the easy, expensive way, or the hard, cheap way?


Sdiver:

Thanks for the kind comments. I am trying to learn and be like MM.

TR

TR:

I guess easy and cheap, is not an option.

What do I need to do, and how expensive will it be?

Terry

Air.177 05-29-2004 15:37

I am not exactly sure what Sir Reaper is referring to, But I know that Springfield Armory makes brand new Garand rifles in 30-06 and .308 that run roundabout $900-$1000. I believe that The CMP also has some garands still available to eligible individuals.
Here is a list of their eligibility requirements. Last I heard, CMP garands started at $400 for a shooter.

Damn, you learn something new every day. Looks like I am eligible. I guess I'll have to start allocating funds for a garand now.

The Reaper 05-29-2004 16:15

Damn kids!

Always underfoot, trying to butt in....

He's right again, as usual.

You can pay big bucks for a collector item (like a Winchester, or a certain serial number range, or condition), or pay medium bucks for a Springfield new manufacture rifle, or pay the least (starting at $400) and get a CMP rifle, after you meet the requirements for:

U.S. Citizenship

Age

Membership in CMP Affiliated Organization

Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity

Be Legally Eligible to Purchase a Firearm

Order Form and Purchaser Certification and Agreement

Good luck!

TR

Roguish Lawyer 06-01-2004 09:29

TR:

If you ever find yourself looking for something else to do, I believe that you have a talent for commercial photography. Very impressive photos, and not just because of the impressive subjects.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:37.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®