![]() |
Quote:
|
Quote:
The Scots all look the same to me. LMAO |
Quote:
Ignorance is not a word with a necessarily "negative" connotation. All it means is "lacking information or knowledge".... that is not a bad thing. We are ALL ignorant in many ways in life. "STUPID” is the word that I use to describe the people that you seemed to picture when I originally said ignorant. I did not say that I was stupid. Trust me, I realize the value of a life long learning process. If you did not already know the info that AL wrote in his post, then you were in fact "ignorant" of it - Just like me. Don't feel bad, in this matter, that puts you in good company(RL, me, all the other members of Aprof) IMO!! :p LOL AL just tends to make me feel ignorant at a higher frequency than most, and I was complementing him on it. Upon advice from my one of my stable counselors, I will reword my original post to clarify my intent by using his exact words. "He is one smart dude." LOL |
Quote:
The term "ignorant" actually does has a negative connotation: Quote:
It comes from "ignore," and when you use it you are suggesting that the person is not just devoid of knowledge, but devoid of knowledge due to lack of effort or due care. Just my opinion. |
Well well counselor... I believe you are trying to paint me into a corner while sucking up to TR and TS.
Your opinion is yours to keep but it is wrong. Did you read your own posted definition? See definition #1a 0R #2. Take your pick. I did not use the word's meaning as an attempt to imply a negative tone. It was used properly in the context of my post. On another note, you agreed with my post that TR took exception too earlier this week, BTW! Then you conveniently let it go and slithered away. LOL Am I wrong? BTW- I am not "taking on" TR and/or TS. I am defending my post from misinterpretation and more than capable of handling it without you playing the midget/instigator kid who tries to get all his "big" friends to get into a fight for him. I am sure they can both handle themselves without your help. I would rather voice my opinion, get blasted, maybe learn from it if I find the "correction" to be enlightening, and move on .... than to live as an eternal kiss ass. LOL :p (your turn) haha Now someone please give more testimony on Scotch whiskey? I am interested to learn about all the brands and their quality. |
OK, RL and Tooth Grinder go to your corners and sit down. Airborne, Sir, Thankyou for posting the incredible information on the fine Scottish drink. Now I want to learn as much about Scotch as I've tried to learn about steels. That said, I'm going to toast the sunsabitches with Oregon beer tonight anyway.
|
Quote:
I have disagreed with TR and TS on many occasions and will allow the record to speak for itself. Now, let's get back to scotch as you proposed. Have you identified your favorite yet? |
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Let's hear more personal recommendations on Scotch. :cool: Can use a knife to cut the lid off so that it fits into the edged weapons forum. LOL |
corners...
|
Quote:
|
|
Quote:
http://www.beerliquors.com/giftbaske...an_30years.htm |
We ever organize/have an AprofSoldier "team party" and I will volunteer a bottle of that RL. Gonna be hard getting You, Peoples Medic, TR, TS, BIll Harsey, etc all in one place and at one time... but never say never. :D
|
Quote:
All this aged liquor talk reminds me of a story: My parents really don't drink, but my Dad always kept a liquor cabinet. In high school, I discovered this carton full of really old bottles of whiskey that my Dad had purchased during the Vietnam war when he was in the service. After my parents got divorced, my mother had put the liquor in a closet and never touched the stuff. So I'm stealing these bottles all the time, and when I went to college, I really starting stealing them since I knew they were just going to sit in that closet forever. So I'm keeping several of the bottles, letting them age, and thinking that I'll save the oldest and best ones for a special occasion. Drink them when they're 25-30 or more years old. Then I learned the sad truth: Unlike wine, whiskey stops aging when it is bottled. Those bottles contained whiskey that was aged the number of years indicated on the label, and lugging them around forever did me no good. Oh, well! You live and learn. I think I still have one bottle left. LOL |
Wait.. better be specific in my offer as I know how detail oriented some of you guys are.
I have to be invited and actually attend for the SCOTCH to make it to the party. I can just hear the phone call now... " Saca, we are having a party in three weeks in an undisclosed location... we would appreciate you shipping the $500 bottle of scotch to _____ PO box on or before such and such date. After all, you said you would- remember" LOL:p |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:04. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®