Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Medical Pearls Of Wisdom (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Seizures. (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1353)

DoctorDoom 04-22-2004 12:08

x

Surgicalcric 04-22-2004 13:44

Quote:

Originally posted by DoctorDoom
...I have never given anyone, ANYONE, PR Valium...
That was not convincing enough for me.

I have, but only to Ped patients.

Sacamuelas 04-22-2004 14:53

Let's get back on track....

Quote:

Originally posted by Surgicalcric
If the PT is seizing when I arrive they are getting either Valium or Ativan as soon as IV access can be established, or rectally if IV access is unattainable.

And speaking of Valium how many, by a show of keyboard stroke, have given valium rectally, either Ped or Adult?

Quick Pharmacy note to ponder and remember...

If you give Valium(diazepam) or Ativan(lorazepam) and respiratory depression symptoms occur, what medication is given as the antagonist? Is it the same drug or a different one for each of the two anticonvulsants?

Surgicalcric 04-22-2004 15:19

Depending on the length of transport they will either get bagged until I get to the ED or they will get an ET.

If in the ED or once in the ED Flumazenil (romazicon) is the DOC for Benzo overdose/overmedication. It is not an approved drug for field admin here in SC (yet).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:26.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®