Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Gear (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Digital Cameras (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941)

ktek01 03-14-2004 18:07

Quote:

Originally posted by lrd
Does anyone (besides me) have problems keeping the battery charged on their digital camera?
Mine are a pain, and you cant use regular AAs in it. Needs the special 1.2v "digital" AAs instead of the regular 1.5v IIRC.

Team Sergeant 03-14-2004 18:23

Quote:

Originally posted by lrd
Does anyone (besides me) have problems keeping the battery charged on their digital camera?
If one were to keep a second battery in the charger one would not find themselves in this situation.... (hint) If you use the camera that much get a stand alone charger and another set of batteries, you will never be in need again.;)

TS

The Reaper 03-14-2004 18:24

Mine has a 128MB card and on a fresh set of MH batteries, will take over 100 pictures at Fine Res.

I have three sets of MH AA batteries and they are more than sufficient.

TR

lrd 03-14-2004 18:50

Thanks for the hints, guys. :)

I have a friend who took several hundred pictures at our last fly-in without changing the battery.

I can take, maybe, 10 pictures before my battery goes dead. I put a new one in and it hasn't changed. I have a Kodak DX3700.

I just seems like I should be able to take more than 10 pictures without changing the battery.

ktek01 03-14-2004 18:52

10 is bad, mine will take over 100 before the bats die, even while using the flash a lot.

ktek01 03-16-2004 14:07

Saw some newer models the other day, if I was looking again I would take a hard look at these two.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat04002

3.2 MP 6X Optical Zoom $299

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat04002

3.1 MP 10X Optical Zoom $399

If I had the money to blow I would want this one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&cmp=%20%20

6.3 MP SLR Type IIRC Will Use Regular Cannon EOS Lenses $999
Another 6 months to a year and it may be quite reasonable though.

eggroll 03-19-2004 19:37

All

Check out the following URL
some good reviews and decision points to consider.


http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp

SilentObserver 03-23-2004 00:27

Digital Camera
 
I have a Fujifilm S5000. I have had it for about 3 months now and so far it has been easy to use, 3.1 million effective pixels, 22 X Zoom, and numerous settings for action pics and short movie clips with sound. The battery life while taking pictures has been great, the real drain comes from downloading the images to the computer. Like I said I've only had it for a short time but so far have no complaints. I think it runs around 250-300 dollars.

SO


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®