Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Medical (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Stitches (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837)

24601 03-05-2004 21:22

scissors ? I had mine taken out with a knife. Of course, this is after I let hubby cut my leg open not once, oh no, dumbass me let him do it twice...lol

He did a nice job stitching me up though. I've just learned not to let a bored Ranger medic near a scalpel when I have cyst in my leg (still there too)...:eek:

NousDefionsDoc 03-05-2004 21:25

WHAT? You let him cut on you twice and its still there?

The Reaper 03-05-2004 21:28

Quote:

Originally posted by Max_Tab
Actually I tried to get my wife to do it, but seeing as she's pregnant, and any little things, makes her want to hurl she refused to do it. So I was like, "hey, if an 18D can do it, it can't be that hard" and proceeded to use my gerber tool, scissors to cut it, and some tweezers from the medicine cabinet, to pull. Got 3 of them out alright.

Oh and the stitches were black in color.

I normally use nail clippers to cut them as close to the skin as possible and have had no such troubles.

You might want to make sure you are pulling on the right ends with the tweezers, though.:D

TR

Sacamuelas 03-05-2004 21:28

EXACTLY what I was thinking NDD. :eek:

24601 03-05-2004 21:30

Yeah, he hit my shin bone and I made him stop. Nothing like the pain of a bone being hit with a metal forcep.

If it starts to bother me more, I'll have it removed one way or another, but it's shifted and seems a little smaller now. The scar is pretty small too.

The Reaper 03-05-2004 21:31

I did have an oral surgeon leave some in after having my impacted Wisdom teeth extracted.

Abcessed after a week or two and they had to be dug out.

TR

24601 03-05-2004 21:33

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
I did have an oral surgeon leave some in after having my impacted Wisdom teeth extracted.

Abcessed after a week or two and they had to be dug out.

TR

I had some from my wisdom teeth too...but I picked at them until they came out and started bleeding...


Yeah, I'm an idiot...LOL

NousDefionsDoc 03-05-2004 21:34

Geez, what is this amature hour? DOC T!!!!! EAGLE!!!! SACAMUELAS!!!!

Look at what they're doing to each other and themselves!

Sacamuelas 03-05-2004 21:38

Most of the time I use chromic gut sutures in the mouth. Will last 5-7 days and then dissolve. They make for nasty scars if used where the wound can be seen though because they cause a little more inflammation than other types of sutures. :( Perfect for wisdom teeth though.

TR-
Fess up Sir. He left them or you didn't want to go back to the "pain cave" again so you skipped your 1 week post-op visit? LOL

Sacamuelas 03-05-2004 21:40

Quote:

Originally posted by 24601

Yeah, I'm an idiot...LOL


Well, one thing I can say is that you seem to have made an accurate diagnosis this time (***EDITED***)CRAZY FRIGGIN MEDIC. ;) LOL

NousDefionsDoc 03-05-2004 21:43

Quote:

Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Well, one thing I can say is that you seem to have made an accurate diagnosis this time "wannabe-Doc". ;) LOL
DAMN! What'd she do to you?

Ambush Master 03-05-2004 21:46

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
I normally use nail clippers to cut them as close to the skin as possible and have had no such troubles.

You might want to make sure you are pulling on the right ends with the tweezers, though.

TR

Set the stage here. Saigon RVN, Red Cross Day Center not far from House 10 (the SOG Safe House). I'm down there headed out of country on a Stand-Down. We go in and I ask the Candy-Striper if she has a pair of "Nail-Clippers", she says yes, hands them to me and I clip the sutures on my hand and remove them. All is well untill she comes over to see what I am doing and she FAINTS !!! OUT COLD !!!

Talk about blowing one's cover !!! I di-di'd post haste and got clear of the area. !!! LOL :D

Sacamuelas 03-05-2004 21:47

WOW!!! NDD- Defender of the masses. You looking for new recruits in your next revolution?

I did use that stupid little winky thing ( ;) )and a laugh out loud(LOL). I was playing ( I guess a litttle to rough. Sorry 24601)

She should know if I didn't like her I would have simply ignored her or sent her a PM telling her that she should always pick her sutures and preferably poke into the socket with sharp knives and dirty toothpicks after every meal. After all, we know those are the best things to do after surgery. LOL

NousDefionsDoc 03-05-2004 21:49

Quote:

Originally posted by Ambush Master
Set the stage here. Saigon RVN, Red Cross Day Center not far from House 10 (the SOG Safe House). I'm down there headed out of country on a Stand-Down. We go in and I ask the Candy-Striper if she has a pair of "Nail-Clippers", she says yes, hands them to me and I clip the sutures on my hand and remove them. All is well untill she comes over to see what I am doing and she FAINTS !!! OUT COLD !!!

Talk about blowing one's cover !!! I di-di'd post haste and got clear of the area. !!! LOL :D

LOL

24601 03-05-2004 21:50

Quote:

Originally posted by Sacamuelas
WOW!!! Defender of the masses. You looking for new recruits in your revolution?

I did use that stupid little winky thing and a laugh out loud. I was playing ( I guess a litttle to rough. Sorry 24601)

She should know if I didn't like her I would have simply ignored her or sent her a PM telling her that she should always pick her sutures and preferably poke into the socket with sharp knives and dirty toothpicks after every meal. After all, we know those are the best things to do after surgery. LOL

It was the pieces of dead flesh that I was really picking at. The stitches came out more by accident.

No urge to be a doc btw, I like being a medic. Now, to just get my license in the state I'll be moving to.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:43.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®