Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Europe (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Bad Tölz, Böblingen, {insert name}??? (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38194)

mojaveman 06-06-2012 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP (Post 452066)
and perhaps NSWU2 into Poland/Kroatia/Slovenia..

I always wondered why they were placed in the middle of Swabia and not somewhere near the water like the U.S. Naval facility in Naples.

MVP 06-07-2012 10:47

Simple answer
 
Question: Swabia?

Answer: Training be damned, I want those boys where I can see them (COMSOCEUR)

MVP

greenberetTFS 06-07-2012 12:18

Largest Mass Jump you've ever been in..........
 
In May 1958,the 505 Battle Group supported the 137th BG in the largest scale Army and Air Force Operation "Grandios" which culminated in a massive air drop over Gablingen DZ and the Bavarian weather was doing its usual best to make life as miserable as it could... :rolleyes: That was the last jump the 11th ABN made before retiring their colors on July 1st 1958,and becoming the LEG 34th INF.DIV........ :mad: We were not supposed to wear our Paratrooper cunt caps,nor could we put the Airborne tab over this patch that looked like a damn PIZZA stuck on our shoulder.......... :( I put up with this shit for 6 months,then I finally got my transfer to the 10th SFG to finish out the remaining 3 years of my 6 year re-enlistment I made at Ft.Bragg in 1956 to get into the 77th SFG..........:lifter

Big Teddy

Stras 06-09-2012 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP (Post 452431)
Question: Swabia?

Answer: Training be damned, I want those boys where I can see them (COMSOCEUR)

MVP

Sadly, I believe that this is/was the closest to the truth in regards to our move. Though it was the COMUSAREUR (Crosby-Saint) who wanted us under his thumb.

MVP 06-18-2012 15:11

USAREUR
 
I think COMSOCEUR just rolled over because of 1/10 being "Command less OPCON" to USAREUR and besides, CONSOCEUR then had his boys available for parades...

MVP


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®