Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weapons Discussion Area (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   I'm going to stir the fire with my stick (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321)

Air.177 02-02-2004 18:41

I always have been a sucker for high capacity. No matter how fast your reload is, the guy that doesn't have to reload has an advantage.

brownapple 02-02-2004 19:14

Any 1911 style .45

Team Sergeant 02-02-2004 19:32

Quote:

Originally posted by Air.177
I always have been a sucker for high capacity. No matter how fast your reload is, the guy that doesn't have to reload has an advantage.
high caps are fine, shooting straight is better.

NousDefionsDoc 02-02-2004 19:33

Quote:

Originally posted by Air.177
I always have been a sucker for high capacity. No matter how fast your reload is, the guy that doesn't have to reload has an advantage.
No matter how many rounds you fire, the guy that gets the first good hit wins. :D

Air.177 02-02-2004 19:50

True on both counts; but since a pistol should be a secondary weapon, i would like the ability to engage as many targets as possible. I have no problem with forty five as a caliber and I think that the 1911 is a fine weapon system. That being said, I prefer to be able to carry more rounds in fewer mags. Also as i have seen used as a signature line elswhere on the net, "Speed is fine, accuracy is final" Valid points all around, and Duly noted.

The Reaper 02-02-2004 19:57

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
No matter how many rounds you fire, the guy that gets the first good hit wins.
Point taken, but not if there are several of them.

Anything beyond contact range, and 99.9% of the gunfights with pistols are won by the guy taking the time to aim and shoot accurately.

You can't miss fast enough to win, unless you have a belt-fed.:D

TR

NousDefionsDoc 02-02-2004 20:07

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
Point taken, but not if there are several of them.

Anything beyond contact range, and 99.9% of the gunfights with pistols are won by the guy taking the time to aim and shoot accurately.

You can't miss fast enough to win, unless you have a belt-fed.:D

TR

That was my point. Marksmanship, not round count. That's ok, though, I got you back on the flashlights thread. LOL

Ambush Master 02-02-2004 20:19

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
That was my point. Marksmanship, not round count. That's ok, though, I got you back on the flashlights thread. LOL
With what, a Belt Fed Flashlight ???:D

NousDefionsDoc 02-02-2004 22:39

Well, if 1,000 years of Spec Ops experience (And that's just LR and AM) all agrees on.45; what the hell is the Army doing with M-Italian guns?

The Reaper 02-02-2004 22:45

Quote:

Originally posted by Ambush Master
With what, a Belt Fed Flashlight ???:D
Hey!!

No theft of intellectual property, I came up with it first!!

TR

BackInTheDay 02-02-2004 23:35

1911 any flavor, I have 17 different ones.

Of interest:

a left handed Randall. Yes a true lefty handgun, not just ambi mag release. true mirror weapon, left ejection port

pair of essex framed 45 made from...spare arms room parts (statue of limitations)

officers model for conceal carry here in TX

Ambush Master 02-02-2004 23:36

Quote:

Originally posted by The Reaper
Hey!!

No theft of intellectual property, I came up with it first!!

TR

A Belt fed FLASHLIGHT ???:D If you are going to claim that one, BWWWAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

I was trying to stick NDD with it and you just intercepted !!!!

Sdiver 02-02-2004 23:50

You can only choose one ???:(

Well I'm old school, so I'd have to go with my trusty old M1911.

But an honorable mention goes to my other one...Barretta .40 cal.
Not a Glock fan, never have been. I like a heavy barrell and the .40 has the speed of a 9 and the knockdown power of a .45.

ODA 564 02-03-2004 15:02

While I have three Colt .45 ACPs GMs (a stock M1911, an AMU accurized-but-detuned-for-IPSC-back-in-the-day M1911A1, and a LTWT Commander in both .45 ACP and .38 Super); I have converted to the Glock.

22 or 19, it makes no difference. Fast and accurate.

Why?

Well, if I lose any of my GMs its a significant emotional event. The M1911 was Granddad's in the Big War. The M1911A1 was Dad's in the Dubya-Duya Eye Eye. The LTWT Commander is my custom smithed gun.

If I lose a Glock (due to da' law, Customs, whatever), I can buy one just like it again.

I I shoot like a barn on fire with it. Got to get me a .45 ACP one.

colmurph 02-03-2004 17:39

One of the new toys. 1893 in .32 WCF


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®