Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Arena (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   A sport none of you will watch ! (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3046)

Bill Harsey 08-15-2004 22:06

Re: Re: A sport none of you will watch !
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Sdiver
Okay...I'll take your bet...and you're gonna regret, cause I'm the best there ever is...Fire on the mountain, run boys run, Devils in the house of the rising sun, Chicken in the bread pan pickin out dough...granny does your dog bite?...no child no........WHOA !!!! Sorry. Kinda got away from myself there.

Just looking at my little Olympic sports guide that came with Todays paper.....

Sunday (today) 2 AM (PST) Bravo Equestrian, three day event....Dressage.:lifter

GO CHARLIE!

Sdiver 08-15-2004 22:11

Re: Re: Re: A sport none of you will watch !
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Bill Harsey
GO CHARLIE!
:D

Bill....do you get CBC down around your neck of the woods?
We get it up here, so I've got 4...yes 4...stations to choose from.

NBC
CNBC
BRAVO and
CBC

QRQ 30 08-15-2004 22:25

Don't get CBC bit I get Telemundo here. That still ,ames four. Martina Navratilova is playing for the U>S> tennis team on Bravo right now.

:lifter

Bill Harsey 08-15-2004 22:30

Re: Re: Re: Re: A sport none of you will watch !
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Sdiver
:D

Bill....do you get CBC down around your neck of the woods?
We get it up here, so I've got 4...yes 4...stations to choose from.

NBC
CNBC
BRAVO and
CBC

I don't know what CBC is so that must be the answer, only ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS plus local Fox station, not news. That's it for here, we spent the commo budget getting DSL here instead of satellite. No cable available here. Country problems.

Sdiver 08-15-2004 22:50

Quote:

Originally posted by QRQ 30
Don't get CBC bit I get Telemundo here. That still ,ames four. Martina Navratilova is playing for the U>S> tennis team on Bravo right now.

:lifter

Damn !!!!:eek:

Forgot Telemundo......That's 5.:D

Sdiver 08-15-2004 22:52

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A sport none of you will watch !
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Bill Harsey
I don't know what CBC is so that must be the answer, only ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS plus local Fox station, not news. That's it for here, we spent the commo budget getting DSL here instead of satellite. No cable available here. Country problems.
CBC = Canadian Broadcasting Channel...or something like that...outta Vancouver (BC) not Washington (state) not DC. :munchin

QRQ 30 08-15-2004 22:55

7th SFG guys should be watching Telemundo. They can call it language training.:D

Sdiver 08-15-2004 23:22

Quote:

Originally posted by QRQ 30
7th SFG guys should be watching Telemundo. They can call it language training.:D
It's all GREEK to me.;) :D

Air.177 08-16-2004 10:07

OK, so your fancy Horse games do get airtime. How much attention do you think the Olympic shooters will get? The shotgun folks traditionally get the most of any, followed this year by men's running target, since running target is going away after these games. I bet Our pistol shooters don't get any coverage. But then again, I only get network TV, so I'm probably not in the know.

Oh, and this may be for the better, TS if you think the Horse games are boring, Watch a 10 meter match, Rifle or Pistol. Paint drying is riveting after watching a bunch of folks sloooowly raise their weapon, fire one shot, lower their weapon, load, repeat. and the targets don't even DO anything!

We need an olympic shooting sport on steel IPSC targets at various unknown distances, fired with an AK. How better to let the underdeveloped nations have a level playing field? 1000+ dollar airguns are out of reach, but I am willing to bet there are a few AK's out there.

DunbarFC 08-16-2004 10:14

Quote:

Originally posted by QRQ 30
Who is looking at the boots. Their uniforms are only second to "Beach Volleyball.":p

My cousin played beach volleyball and is about to go into the volleyball hall of fame

I saw a lot of beach volleyball when she was playing and let me tell you those "uniforms" are second to none !

QRQ 30 08-16-2004 10:21

Actually the shooting matches were on MSNBC this morning at the same time the Dressage was on Bravo. The networks such as NBC will understandably show the high profile events as well they should. However you have a vast choice of events on the other channels and most all events will be aired. You will see much more than you would if you were there.:lifter

ghuinness 08-16-2004 10:56

Re: Re: A sport none of you will watch !
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Sdiver
Okay...I'll take your bet...and you're gonna regret, cause I'm the best there ever is...Fire on the mountain, run boys run, Devils in the house of the rising sun, Chicken in the bread pan pickin out dough...granny does your dog bite?...no child no........WHOA !!!! Sorry. Kinda got away from myself there.

Just looking at my little Olympic sports guide that came with Todays paper.....

Sunday (today) 2 AM (PST) Bravo Equestrian, three day event....Dressage.:lifter


Damn - I probably missed all 2 minutes !
Thanks for volunteering to lose :D

QRQ 30 08-16-2004 11:02

10M Air Rifle
 
FYI the 10 M air rifle match is on MSNBC rat now -- 1300 EDT.China is 1&2, Japan is 3&4, Ger is 5 and USA is 6.:lifter

NousDefionsDoc 08-16-2004 11:45

Quote:

Originally posted by DunbarFC
My cousin played beach volleyball and is about to go into the volleyball hall of fame

I saw a lot of beach volleyball when she was playing and let me tell you those "uniforms" are second to none !

This post is worthless without pics....:munchin

DunbarFC 08-16-2004 11:49

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
This post is worthless without pics....:munchin
I'll see if I can dig some up

Of course my cousin was dominating the tour in the early 90's so I'll have to scan 'em as well

I gotta say it was a great time to be her little cousin when all the players were around..............;)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:30.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®