Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Fieldcraft (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Bravo Two-zero (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1717)

Joe Hawkins 01-31-2009 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 19665)
Concur completely. I particularly enjoyed "The One Who Got Away".

TR

I have read loads of SAS books of the Gulf War and elsewhere and about the only thing they all agree on is the crap kit still issued to them.
Chris Ryans book was a good read and he made the point that if he hadnt been in such good physical shape he wouldnt have survived the E&E infact its the same point some posters made about the 6 week survival challenge bulk up to help the body survive.
I dont know if it was shown in America but Chris Ryan did a tv series called Chasing Chris Ryan where he is set E&E challenges while pursued by a hunter force of ex SF both British and American ex Royal Marines, Paras, US Seals.
He dose well, very well actually as he manages to piss the hunter force right off !!

alright4u 01-31-2009 14:34

Bravo Two Zero:
 
Seems no one even has reviewed this book? I can tell you that I could not and never second quessed the team (one zero) on the ground from the right seat of an O-2. You cannot see what is going on from the air like the men on the ground know , nor do you know their situation.except as reported.

.

Pete S 01-31-2009 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Hawkins (Post 246908)
I dont know if it was shown in America but Chris Ryan did a tv series called Chasing Chris Ryan where he is set E&E challenges while pursued by a hunter force of ex SF both British and American ex Royal Marines, Paras, US Seals.
He dose well, very well actually as he manages to piss the hunter force right off !!

Hunting Chris Ryan, I was able to find it on Youtube.

Rumblyguts 01-31-2009 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Hawkins (Post 246908)
I have read loads of SAS books of the Gulf War and elsewhere and about the only thing they all agree on is the crap kit still issued to them.
Chris Ryans book was a good read and he made the point that if he hadnt been in such good physical shape he wouldnt have survived the E&E infact its the same point some posters made about the 6 week survival challenge bulk up to help the body survive.
I dont know if it was shown in America but Chris Ryan did a tv series called Chasing Chris Ryan where he is set E&E challenges while pursued by a hunter force of ex SF both British and American ex Royal Marines, Paras, US Seals.
He dose well, very well actually as he manages to piss the hunter force right off !!

If I remember, he got pretty cold one time too. He had a good safety net in place.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:27.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®